Dr. RR Mantri is an esteemed Interventional Cardiologist, Diabetologist and Electrophysiologist, currently designated as Director Cath Lab & Cardiac Arrhythmia Services, Department of Cardiology, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi. He is highly qualified, with graduation and master’s degrees from the Government-recognised Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College in Ajmer. In addition, he has DM and DNB degrees in Cardiology, as well as a Fellowship in Electrophysiology and Pacemaker from Mount Sinai School of Medicine, USA.
Dr. Mantri’s clinical interests include treating patients suffering from congenital heart diseases, cardiovascular diseases, cardiac valve diseases, hypertension, artery blockages, heart failure, high cholesterol, diabetes due to obesity, and much more.
Dr. Mantri has dealt with the most complex of heart ailments in his career spanning 22 years. He attributes his illustrious career to perseverance as well as medical training that he received in Japan, Belgium and Germany.
Dr. Mantri is a pioneer in Transradial Angiography, i.e. angiography via the radial (wrist) route. He is confident in performing all types of simple and complex coronary angioplasties with stenting. He is well versed with rotablation, IVUS and FFR. He is an expert in device closure for various types of congenital heart disease and ballooning of blocked valves. He is a trained Electrophysiologist and regularly does radiofrequency ablation of cardiac arrhythmias. Dr. Mantri also has expertise in the field of pacemaker Implantations. He does all types of permanent pacemaker implantation including AICD, CRT-P and CRT-D.
Given his wide range of skills and experience, Dr. Mantri is often called to train and guide coronary interventions in valvular heart disease, radiofrequency ablation of arrhythmias and implantation of pacemakers, not only to various parts of the country but also to neighbouring countries such as Bangladesh & UAE.
Right through his academic career, Dr. Mantri was an outstanding student. He did his family and friends proud by winning Gold Medals in all subjects while pursuing the MBBS and MD degrees. He is very well acknowledged for his achievements overseas as well, having won Best Challenging Case awards in USA and France. To his credit are more than 50 publications in widely read national and international journals.
Apart from seeing patients at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, Dr. RR Mantri is also available for consultation at his residence clinic in East Patel Nagar, Delhi.
- MBBS, 1983 - Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Ajmer
- MD - General Medicine, 1987 - Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Ajmer
- DM - Cardiology, 1992 - Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow
- DNB - Cardiology , 1993 - National Board of Examination
- Presently, Vice-Chairman, Dept. of Cardiology, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, Delhi
- Formerly, Director, Cardial Cath Lab Intervention and Cardial Arrhythmia Services
- Life Member, Cardiological Society of India.
- Life Member, Indian Medical Association.
- Life Member, Association of Physicians of India.
- Fellow of Society of Cardiovascular, Angiography and Interventions (FSCAI), Chicago, USA
- Fellow of American College of Cardiology (FACC), Washington, USA
- Trained in Coronary Intervention & Rehabilitation, Kobe, Japan
- Trained in Complex Coronary Interventions, Belgium, Brussels